Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mirror for Megan






I purchased an old dresser mirror at the thrift store for $5. I primed it with craft paint because I wanted to cover it with dressmaking patterns and I knew you wouldn't be able to see the patterns on the dark wood.

At first I primed it with light colors and then decided it needed a more spectacular underpainting so I added the pink. Big mistake. That pink was impossible to tone down with the decoupaged patterns!

So I toned it down with lighter paint and here it is!! I put the knobs on the top so Megan could hang her necklaces on it if she wants to. I decided not to decoupage the knobs. Good call, I don't know. We'll see. This could continue to be a work in progress.

When we get it hung at her apartment I'll take another photo so you can see it in place.


No comments:

Post a Comment